Creativity and New Media


I downloaded the Sims app on my phone. I was able to choose an avatar and customize her skin color,  hair color, makeup, and clothes to make her more like me. In the virtual world, I had my own home that I could customize, but in the beginning, there were only a few options available for furniture. However, I quickly discovered that I could get a job as a barista at a coffee shop. In the image below, you can see my virtual self at work. I can earn 30 simoleons, the currency that the game uses, if I work one shift. I can then use my simoleons to buy items to customize my home. The game fosters creativity by allowing users to do whatever they want in their virtual lives. I can choose to go to work, chat with other avatars, or spend time decorating my home. As you play the game, you unlock new features and earn money that allow you to further customize your experience. Therefore, you can create whatever life you want.


Comments

  1. Hello Trisha,

    I remember when I use to play the Sims game a few years back. I used to spend hours on it because it was very interesting to me. I loved customizing especially when it came to houses, it was so much fun. Seeing this after so many years brings back so much memories playing with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Next New

Privacy